Congratulations to the ME faculty, students and staff members who received 2018 College of Engineering Awards:
- Junior Faculty Award: Steven Brunton
- Faculty Research Award: James Riley
- Student Teaching Award: Soyoung Kim
- Classified Staff Award: Kendra Burdett
- Team Award: Engineering Innovation in Health teaching team — Jonathan Liu, Jonathan Posner, Eric Seibel and Kat Steele
万博水晶宫水The acknowledge the extraordinary efforts of the college’s teaching and research assistants, staff and faculty members. Award recipients and nominees will be honored at a college-wide reception on Thursday, May 24, 2018.
Despite its name, black carbon — the dark component of smoke — is largely invisible in global climate change models. The lack of standardized measurement tools, in addition to black carbon’s numerous sources, have made it hard for scientists to measure black carbon emissions and their impact on the environment. Through the pioneering analysis of ME alumna Tami Bond, black carbon has been identified as one of the most significant contributors to manmade climate change — second only to carbon dioxide.
万博水晶宫水The will be held on Thursday, May 10, 6–9 p.m.